PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Howard Eisman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:59:33 -0500
For the fun of it and to make a point:

My challenge is for psychoanalytic theory supporters to (1) take a
psychoanalytic concept, (2) express it in plain English (no
psychoanalytic jargon allowed), and (3) describe how said concept is a
contribution to an understanding of the human condition.

Why? I'll bet that most psychoanalytic concepts need jargon and an
audience aware of the controversies within the world of psychoanalysis
to have much meaning. Take psychoanalytic concepts out of a
psychoanalytic context and they disappear.

Let's see.

Howard D. Eisman, Ph.D.