CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy Grabowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:25:04 EDT

Dear Listmates - I just had to write to tell everyone about a wonderful
vacation experience.  We've all had those terrible vacations where nothing
goes right, the food's terrible and you get sick anyway....  Well, here's a
positive experience.  My family, including my 9 year old celiac daughter,
decided to visit Yellowstone this year.  We chose Parade Rest Ranch, a guest
ranch in West Yellowstone, MT, which includes all meals in the price of the
cabins.  I called ahead to speak with the chef, Doug, all prepared to go into
lengthy descriptions of all the food restrictions etc.  Not only was he
pleasant about meeting my daughter's needs, he actually knew about gluten
intolerance.  I did my work to prepare for the trip: ordered food to be
shipped to the ranch ahead of time.  The food never arrived!  (UPS sent our
order back to the company, they didnt' have room for it on the plane!)  When
I went to the ranch manager, Marge, in a panic, they did the unbelievable -
they drove an hour and a half north to Bozeman Montana to buy gf groceries
for us at a food co-op!  Every meal was special for my daughter - Doug had
checked every ingredient in every food he used!   He made separate portions
for my daughter which were served directly to her.  My daughter kept asking
me, "Why are they being so nice to me?"  They went out of their way to make
our vacation a success!
I wholeheartedly recommend this place if you are planning on visiting
Yellowstone.  Tell them Amy & Alison sent you!
Peacefully,
Amy G, Chicago, IL area, USA

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *