From:
Susan Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:26:39 -0400

Summary of responses:

Many people responded positively in that they were happy I brought the subject up so they can be aware.  This is the spirit in which I posted the information

I am extendeding apologies to my Listmates for ranting.  Apparently I broke a rule there and am sincerely sorry. I was very upset at the situation, because this was not something I would have ever expected to happen.  I also apologize for calling gluten a toxin. It is an allergen, and it could be construed that I am disseminating erroneous information.  Again, my apologies for including that in my rant.

One person posted that at her former pharmacy, she witnessed the pharmacy tech eating lunch at her work station.  Upon investigation, it was found that it was the policy in that pharmacy, so she changed pharmacies.

Many people suggested I speak to the pharmacist, store manager, or the state board to see if the situation could be addressed. I considered this,  but have decided to find a pharmacy that has the policy that it is forbidden to eat and handle open food products behind the counter.  If I stayed with this pharmacy, I feel I would have to check every time to make sure the practice has been discontinued.  I really don't want to be that "crazy lady who hates dogs".  I'm not, and I try not to make my disease everyone's problem.

Thank you to everyone who replied.