Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2016 12:48:31 -0400

I read that someone shared that they have had less than desirable experience with several of the Udi's frozen meals. My experience has been the opposite. Frozen food, regardless of GF or not, when prepared in a microwave should be prepared at the same wattage/strength that they were tested at to get the marketed end result. This is the same when we use an oven; we don't cook something at 250F or 450F when the directions say 350F.

The Udi's meals indicate that they were developed using a 1100-watt microwave. If your microwave is of a different wattage, higher than 1100-watts, you can consult the consumer guide or manufacturer's website to determine how to adjust the wattage through power level settings. If it is a lower wattage than 1100, you will not be able to properly cook the meal in that microwave.

Being GF is challenging and I commend any manufacturer who is working to bring SAFE greater food accessibility to the market. That does not mean we all need to blindly like everything. I just think that if a person is going to report on the results of their experience with a product, they do so only when they have followed all instructions for preparing, which may have been so in this persons case. However, there is no way to know that based on the recent posts. If that has been done, please note it so we have the full picture. Again, we have used the Udi's frozen meals as directed for wattage and preparation with good results.

I have no vested interest in Udi's, just in full disclosure when reporting on the Listserv the outcome of a prepared product.

Sara