Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2014 14:03:50 -0600

I apologize for taking so long to do my summary; this is a busy time of
year for me. I had a few responses to my wish that manufacturers remove sea
salt as an ingredient in their gluten-free products. Too much iodine
triggers my DH or makes it worse.

C wanted to know what brand of iodine-free multivitamins I take. I replied
that I take Rainbow Light Women's One, a food-based multivitamin. I buy it
at The Vitamin Shoppe.

R said his DH went away shortly after he went GF and it has never returned,
no matter how much iodine he ingests. The same thing happened to his father
and to a friend.

S has DH and says it is confirmed that iodine makes our DH flare up. Dr.
Cynthia Rudert in Altlanta and Dr. John Zone in Utah have stated that
iodine is a trigger.

She has been using sea salt thinking it is better than Morton table salt
and asked what brand of salt I recommend.

I replied that I use just a bit of iodized salt every day to get my daily
quota of iodine. I have used Morton's iodized salt, as well as store
brands, with no problems. When I make popcorn, I use kosher salt. So I
don't have too much salt in my diet, I try to buy unsalted or low-salt
items, like blue corn chips and unsalted soup to which I can add a bit of
iodized salt.

S2 said another thing you must watch for is the word "providon" or
"providone" on medication lists of "other ingredients". According to S2, if
you go back to the companies no one seems to know what Providone is, and
when asked why they use it, they don't know. She get facial swelling when
she takes anything containing "Providone". The Betadine scrub solution that
doctors use says "PROVIDONE  IODINE" right under the word Betadine.

S2 takes Freeda's Vitamins (only vitamins), and for minerals she takes
Caltrate 600 Plus which contains just about everything except Iodine,
Potassium and Iron.

*******
*******