From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2015 01:03:51 +0000

Dear List Mates,
There is yet another gluten-free cookbook available, and this one is worth your attention. Why?- Maybe you are averse to gums. Well, this author doesn't use gums and neither did the recipe I tested. Following the author's directions, I made pretty rave gluten-free English Muffins that didn't crumble, tasted great and had no gums.- Maybe you don't want to use the conventional grains that are related to grasses. Most of the recipes are grain free and rely on tapioca and buckwheat (a close relative of rhubarb)- Maybe you want easy-to-follow recipes. This book is definitely for you.- Maybe you want to have a single, comprehensive volume that spans breads through desserts. Yep, this book is for you. This is a baking book, and it doesn't have main courses and side dishes. Pizzas, however, are included in this book.- Maybe you are an experienced baker. Then this book will teach you something new.
The new cookbook is against the grain (extraordinary gluten-free recipes made from real, all natural ingredients) by Nancy Cain, owner of Against the Grain Gourmet. Yes, you have probably seen the company's products where you buy your gluten-free supplies.
You can find my review at http://bit.ly/GF_Bake . Look for the word Blog in the middle of the page. It should open to the book review.
Please let me know if you have questions or issues. By the Way some of Ms. Cain's techniques are new to me.
As always, I have no financial interest connected with this review.

Best regards,
Vic DolcourtSunnyvale, CA