From:
"J. V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. V. Rich
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:12:14 -0700

Hello Wonderful Listmates!

I received lots and lots of ideas-- not all were from people with dairy sensitivities, so we will have to check into that to make sure.  Here is a summary listing of what has worked for some of us and our family members:

Medications:
Imitrix (3) or generic sumatriptan (pill or nasal shot)
rizatriptan (need to check if GF, DF-- I am assuming this is what one responder said was the medication that starts with an R)
Zomig or Zolmitriptan
Maxalt
Topamax
Relpax 40 mg
Vicodin
Celexa
Migravent (need to check to see if it is GF, DF)

Supplements and OTC:
Magnesium
Walgreen generic headache pill
Zarbee's Seasonal Relief (contains Butterburr leaf) and magnesium with either ibuprofen or excedrin
L-argenine

Food:
Avoid sugar, try paleo/anti-inflammatory diet
Identify food intolerances and avoid those foods
Ketogenic diet -- follow the diet guidelines from "The Wahls Protocol," and incorporate principles of counting net carbohydrates as explained in the Atkins diet.
Eat something that causes brain freeze at the beginning of a migraine and it will stop it in its tracks

Doctors and Health Professionals:
Neural Upper Cervical chiropractor (NUCCA-- not a regular chiropractor)
Intramuscular stimuation (IMS) with very fine needles
Breath work -- contact Linda Vazin at [log in to unmask] -- might be able to refer to someone local
accupressure allergy elimination treatments  (Dr Cheryl Hammes in Richfield, OH. http://www.drcheryl.info/index.html)
Botox injections
regular massage
Qualified homeopathic doctor

Other:
Hot yoga (vinyasa flow) helps with migraines from stress and sitting
Be sure to get an MRI to rule out brain tumors
Bath with epsom salts and Young Living therapeutic grade lavender and peppermint oils
Essential oils for migraines: helichrysum, peppermint, balsam fir, m-grain -- be sure to use high quality oils

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the time you took to share your stories, successes, and also what didn't work.  I may follow up with some of you later.

Jackie

*******
*******