From:
Marshall Lasky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marshall Lasky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:04:54 -0500

Hi, all

On Feb 13th I posted inquiry seeking info for our trip to Indonesia in March -- tips on Indonesian foods and dishes that are reliably GF, and info on particular restaurants to try in cities like: Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Balikpapan, Tanah Grogot, Ubud, and Jimbaran.

I haven't received any replies yet, but surely some of you have travelled in Indonesia in recent years and have some tips?

Anyone have a really good, simple GF restaurant card for Indonesia?

NOTE: I have looked at the "celiactravel.com" Gluten Free Restaurant Card' for Indonesia.  Unfortunately, like all their cards, it is way too complicated and sophisticated for a typical restaurant worker in a place like Indonesia, with references foods that aren't even appropriate to the locale.  They seem to have only one single generic card that they translate into different languages, rather targeting the local ingredients, cuisine and customs.

Any help would really be appreciated!
Marshall