From:
Pam Newbury <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Newbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2015 14:44:50 -0800

We are planning a trip to New Zealand in December and will be flying from
SFO to Auckland. I see on Air New Zealand's flight that they have no meals
suitable for those with CD: Under Gluten-free meals, they say: "Gluten
intolerant customers, not suitable for Gluten allergic customers."

With four of us who eat gluten-free on the airplane for over 13 hours, plus
whatever time it takes to get through customs, we'd have to pack quite a bit
of food along to keep from being very hungry on the flight. Adding to that,
apparently the New Zealand customs is strict about any food taken off the
plane. Then, three weeks later we will have to deal with this returning to
San Francisco. I'm not sure what resources we'll have in NZ for food to
bring along on the return flight.

I'm thinking we could eat a big meal in SFO (we have to leave home four
hours before the flight) and then hope to eat something GF at the airport
when we land in Auckland, but I don't know if there will be anything safe
there. Still, a long time to not eat, .

Anyone have experience with this or suggestions? I sure don't want to kick
off a trip to NZ with my whole family being sick!

Pam