INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jay Bowks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 23:42:23 -0400
http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/langlink.html.

Hic le information super David Th. Stark, ille es un prestre del
Ecclesia Reformate del SUA, (Paolo sia attente, forsan tu pote
corresponder con ille). David Stark ha un experimento linguistic
alsi que ille appella Latino Moderne, isto es un lingua como
Interlingua ma con le grammatica plus inflexate del linguas Romanic.

Ille dice que on debe usar le IED con su Latino Moderne e me pare
que ille ha studiate Interlingua in le passato. Ma io ha correspondite
con ille duo vices jam, e nunc ille non me respondeva, io non sape
si isto es pro falta de tempore o que ille non apprecia mi ideas. :-P

Io ha facite mention de David Stark in messages a INTERLNG jam face
alcun menses, io crede, ma io pensa que il esserea excellente haber
un nove membro del lista, un persona que alsi pote haber multo in
commun con Paolo, nostre prestre cyberintelligente, a qui tante de
nos debe un grande appreciation pro su travalio pro le "lingua belle".

Forsan, Paolo, si tu ha le tempore pote contactar a David Stark e
comparar notas, e per favor dice nos como va le cosa...

Amicalmente,
Jay B.

--------------

Latino Moderne

< http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3150/latinomoderne.html >

Le Summario de la Grammatica Sue

 Had Latin survived intact, without breaking up into its various dialects
as found in the modern Romance languages, but had through the centuries
undergone the same linguistic developments and changes as they, how would
it appear in its modern form and what would its function be in the modern
world? It would undoubtedly be the perfect bridge language for a United
Europe and a Pan American interlanguage easily understood and learned by
educated persons everywhere. Latino Moderne seeks to answer this question.

 Latino Moderne (LM) es le possession de alicuno qui volerea usar lo. Io
sole requesto del usandos sues que le Summario de LM ne sera alterar ante
que una Academia del Latino Moderne es formate in le futuro. Isto (espero!)
impedira le confusion inar le lingua. Gratias. -David Th. Stark

--------
David Th. Stark's Home Page

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3150/

Saluto!

Welcome to my home page! In a hurry? I'll tell you quickly. My interests
are in Languages (ancient, biblical, modern and constructed: Latino Moderne
is my own pet project), LITERATURE, HISTORY, THEOLOGY, POETRY, FRIENDSHIP,
and TRUTH. If this sounds like what you're looking for, read on and drop me
an e-mail.

If you'd like to see my translation of the Belgic Confession of Faith just
click on it. All the things it says are what I believe in my heart.

Need a brief relaxing pause? Take three minutes and read The Saxon Hunt.

The links at the bottom will help you enter my world and meet some of my
good friends.

I live in northern California, 8 miles (12k) south of the town of Redding.

I'm forty-five (13 April), and married twenty-two years(19 October '74). My
wife, Patsy, and I have two sons Seth (16 1/2) and Noah (15).

I'm a minister in the Reformed Church in the United States (RCUS) and
pastor the Faith Reformed Church in Anderson, California, and a mission
Church called Christ Reformed Church in Redding, California which is just
getting started. I also teach American History, English Bible, British
Literature, Government, Esperanto, and Physical Education to the High
School at Geneva Christian Academy, our local Christian School in Anderson,
California.

I was graduated from the Reformed Episcopal Seminary in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania in 1979. I enjoy American Civil War (1861-65) reenacting and
history, South African history and antique firearms.

My favorite ancient languages are Koine Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Latin,
Syriac, Anglo-Saxon, and a few others. I read Koine best of all and because
it's the original language of the New Testament I love to study it.

Modern languages which I've studied and understand to a certain degree are:
Esperanto, Spanish, Interlingua, French, Swahili, Dutch, and a few others.
I'm fairly fluent in the first four listed at least as far as reading them.
So if you wish to write to me in one of them I'd welcome it and will do my
best to reply.

Esperanto really works and in my opinion is worthy of your time and study.
I've used it successfully in international correspondance over the past 18
years. It's worth learning. If you're interested do a web search for
available learning resources.

I've worked on a con-lang project as a hobby off & on for the past 8 years
called Latino Moderne.If you'd like me to keep you updated on it, drop me
an e-mail. I'm working on improving my knowledge of Italian because of a
cat (the "meow" kind) named Misha who lives in the city of Rome with her
cat friend Molly (If you will click on their names I promise you'll find
two reasons to smile.)

The bravest and best man on earth I know is an African pastor named Elder
Mfumwabana N'kulu who lives in the city of Lubumbashi, Zaire. I hope to be
able to tell you more about him soon.

My favorite theologians are John Calvin, Jonathan Edwards, Cornelius Van
Til and Robert Knight Rudolf, men whom God used to teach me how to think.

My favorite book is the Holy Bible, which I highly recomend to you. I began
reading it when I was 16 and became a Christian when I learned about God's
love for us, and the forgiveness of sins through the death and resurrection
of the Lord Jesus Christ for us sinners. This is the GOOD NEWS! (Everything
else is just commentary). Whatever you may be going through in your life
the Lord Jesus Christ is interested in you and will help you if you'll
pray. Call on Him in prayer and wonderful things will begin in your life.
You cannot know who you really are until you know the God who made you and
loves you. The real adventure begins when you call on Him (Jesus Christ) in
prayer. If you have questions or comments about the Bible please feel free
to write me via e-mail.

My favorite play is Hamlet. Two of the better movies I saw this past year
were "The Ghost and the Darkness" and "Il Postino".

There's much more to tell you.....in time!

Please come back again soon. Thanks for taking the time to read all this!