From:
Jean Lyke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Lyke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 13:45:08 -0500

List Members

I live in a small town in a rural area that uses a lot of herbicides and insecticides and unfortunately I am highly allergic to them in any form.  Since the first of the year I have been exposed several times by my neighbors or sources unknown.
The exposures especially weed killer causes really ugly breakouts on my skin spreading on my body and eyes.  Since I cannot use steroids i.e. prednisone, cortisones, etc I have to depend on antihistamines which really does not help very much.
If I use any type of steroid it will actually make the breakout worse which the doctors including dermatologists cannot understand.  Right now I am broke out on my face around my left eye and some places on my neck and legs.  I am using Zrytec (10 mg) three times a day, Famotidine (Pepcid) three times a day (suppose to be a H2 histamine blocker), Pataday antihistamine eye drops once a day, and old faithful calamine lotion.
I live in Missouri in a rural area where farming is big time especially row crops where they spray to kill the weeds before they even plant, numerous times during the growing season then even sometimes before they harvest because it makes it easier.  But unfortunately most of exposures have been from my neighbors in town.  I have requested they not use weed killer and I think they try but really don’t understand how it painful it is for me to break out and not being able to use steroids.
So I am requesting my list mates for suggestions on what I could use to help heal my breakouts besides steroids.
I will do a summary.  Thank you.