Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2014 16:14:20 -0600

Hi All~~

I received many, many responses, and to each and every one of you, I send
my thanks.

Some responses indicated that Domino's was not GF and advised me to stay
away from it; some said they had no problem with it, and others had mixed
reactions...sometimes they were ill and sometimes not. At least one person
got down to brass tacks and said she went the full nine yards to find out
how her Domino's establishment prepared the GF pizza. Most everyone said
that the crust was GF, but they don't bake the GF pizzas in a separate
oven, so there's cross contamination.

Domino's pizza was not my choice of food. I had the opportunity to fly from
Kansas to Charlotte, NC to see, for the first time, my 7-yo and 3-yo great
nieces, 2-yo great nephew, and my nephew. Meal choices were made before I
ever touched down on Tuesday. I did tell my family that I didn't eat
Domino's because there was some issue regarding the GF status, but I think
cross contamination wasn't foremost in their minds. We had three young
children, working parents, a set of grandparents, and then there was me. It
wasn't that my distant family didn't understand celiac, but they didn't
understand the finer points of being GF and decisions were made. Too,
Domino's was a pizza that the youngsters would eat, which was an important
point for everyone. For those of you who may not have young children, they
only want cheese pizza and the unhealthier the better. My niece-in-law just
got home from work and needed something quick to feed the kids before they
became wild and cranky. (Normally, she feeds them very healthy food, but
pizza was the meal for that night) In her defense, however, I heard what
she said to Domino's when she ordered the pizza and she made it abundantly
clear that "it had better be GF," no questions allowed.

Now that I'm home, I will not eat at Domino's, but I was forced into it,
somewhat, at least in NC. I could have not eaten it with the family, but
that would have caused stress and irritation. My NIL was already stressed
from working and having a house full of people, plus the holiday thing.
Most people on the list would tell me that those issues were my family's
issues...I should have eaten a PB sandwich and stayed safe. I live far away
from any of my family and seldom get to see any of them; I didn't want to
alienate myself more than I already am.

My typical reactions to gluten are constipation, upper right quadrant pain,
high liver enzymes and nausea and vomiting. I suffered none of those
reactions, but instead, the next day, experienced loose stools (not
diarrhea), minimal cramping, but lots of red coloring in the stool. I'm
sure that I didn't have a gluten reaction, but wonder about artificial food
colorings. I can't eat M&Ms because of the food coloring. I ate a pepperoni
and sausage pizza, so wonder if Domino's uses real pepperoni, or at least a
brand that adds lots of artificial coloring. Checking the toppings might be
in order.

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas

*******
*******