From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2021 20:31:05 -0400

Hi listies,

So, I received about 15 emails regarding how many of you have trouble with GF oats.  Everyone said that they had trouble with them, and many people said that they avoid them altogether.  Some people may OCCASIONALLY have one serving but no more than that.  Many mentioned that one of the possible reasons is that there is a protein in oats that is SIMILAR to the gluten protein that we all have to avoid.  I was SO excited to see that Oreo's had come out with a GF Oreo cookie, but after having 2 cookies one day, and 2 another, I had a reaction.  They list oat flour as one of the ingredients, and that's what prompted me to ask the question on this site.  One person sent this link:
This is a link to university of Chicago’s website. They have excellent information.

https://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/do-oats-contain-gluten/

Thanks all,
Jan