From:
Marie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:30:20 -0500

I did receive some names of doctors in Missouri for my friends who were
looking around the Columbia area.   We did have to widened the search
area.  However, my friends are very appreciative of the time that everyone
took to reach out with information.  This site continues to be a helpful
resource.

Here are the suggestions:

One person wrote to say that they had good luck with the University of MO
in Columbia.  Some people have not had good luck there.

In Creve Coeur, MO someone suggested Dr. Weinstock:
http://www.gidoctor.net/dr-lenny-weinstock.php"

One person sent the Missouri List of Support Groups with all of the
information about their areas and leaders phone and addresses.  If anyone
is interested in those I believe that information was from Celiac.com and
the date was the 2018 list.  In my experience I have seen several support
groups that stopped meeting years before the Pandemic and then especially
now the groups have found different ways to meet online.  Click on this link
<https://www.celiac.com/articles.html/usa-local-celiac-support-groups-chapters-r223/>
and
scroll down through the list of states.

Another suggestion was to try the Mayo Clinic as well as the U of Chicago
Celiac Centers which both have great reputations in Celiac research and
treatment, but are many hours away.

I received suggestions from two people (unknown to each other) who
suggested this GI group <http://www.cig-pc.com/locations.htm> near Kansas
City. They practice in the KC area but also go out to the rural areas which
are closer to my friends.

Again, thanks to everyone who responded!
Marie in MD