From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:46:15 +0000

 Lynn,
Thank you so much for your message. At this time, I have not received any responses for a Host Family for this girl.
Wishing you well.
Nancy
    On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 10:21:21 AM PST, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Our family did this years ago for a German student with celiac and type 1
diabetes, and it was a wonderful experience which has yielded lifelong
friendships.  In fact, we  have since traveled many times in Europe with
this young woman, and are making plans to see her and her family this summer
in Spain.

Unfortunately I cannot offer to host this student, but I want to encourage
other families to consider it.  Our three  children (all celiac) were
considerably younger than the student we hosted, but she was a great role
model for them to see that their disease would not be a barrier to living a
full, adventurous life.

I sincerely hope someone can step forward to host.  Happy new year to all -
lynn

Sender:      Celiac/Coeliac Wheat/Gluten-Free List
Poster:      Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
---

<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

I have had a request to see if we can help find a home for an ExchangeStudent from Italy for the 2023-2024 school term that has Celiac Disease.
The mother wrote:

I'm the mother of four girls with celiac disease and the third, Monica, has

the dream to study a year in the USA as an exchange student (school year

2023/2024). I'm writing to you because all the Italian agencies for students

mobility we have contacted have refused our entry for the year abroad

because of Monica's celiac. We have only one option for her which is a

"self-placement" that means to find a host family by ourselves. I decided to

contact you to see if you can help us to find a host family. This first

contact would be just the beginning.

=C2=A0Process for family finding exchange student self-placement is:

Request from Students family for help in locating a Host Family Potential

Host Family sends an email of interest.

Requestor passes information to Students Family. Students Family will give

the host name to an Italian Agency that will look for a local partner (local

means not only American but also operating in the family's territory -

Italy).

American Exchange Student Agency will contact the family. If the family has

already been a host family, they maybe contacted from the same Agency they

were with. The American Agency will explain everything hosting means,

regarding rules, expectations, responsibilities, etc.

The two Agency's (Italian and US) together will verify if the matching

between the host family and Student can be done.

Mother says: "It may seem strange that I am looking for a family a year
before the possible departure, but I prefer to have time and not stress

potential host families by doing everything at the last minute and,

moreover, once the family has been found, we have to think about the Visa

and the school."

Information on Student: Female 16years old, Speaks Italian, English and
Spanish. The third girl in a family of four girls. Interests: Artistic

Gymnastics, Music and TV Series.

If you are willing to help this family, please respond to my email and I
will proceed to notify the Student's family. This is the second request from

a family I have received to help a foreign student find a host family.

Normally an Exchange Student Agency would contact me directly. Covid-19
has made some changes to the processes. Please let me know if you might help this family.
Thank you.

Nancy Kloberdanz

*******
*******