ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2018 17:36:34 -0600
I thought you would find this interesting.  Paul Harvey used to have a series called The Rest of the Story and this sort of falls into that category.

Some time ago, I asked if anyone spoke French on this list.  This had to do with words I spoke, two words, only two words, to be exact, which I spoke in tongues one day out in my office.  They were spoken without prior thought and were plain as day, yet, I had not even thought of speaking in tongues, or English for that matter, when they came from my mouth.

These two words sounded like  she and gee spoken together as a single word.  It sounds like she with a letter g in the middle.  The second word was easy and was spoken as papa.  I figured, since the two words sounded French to me, that papa easily meant father or daddy but the other word, the word in front of papa, was more than a little foreign to me.

Although you may not believe this, I pray in four languages when speaking in tongues.  Of course, the most obvious is English; my native language.  I also speak something which often has Spanish words in it and friends who know Spanish and asked me if I knew some Spanish when they have heard me pray.  Thirdly, I often find myself praying with what sounds like a French accent so I easily recognized the two words as likely being French.  Fourthly, I pray with some Asian language that sounds Chinese to me but easily could be some other Asian language; it just sounds that way to my ears when I pray.  I shared this to explain why I felt the two words were French.  No, it does not bother me if you don’t believe me.

I asked a lady in church if she spoke French the other day and she said know but asked me why.  I explained it to her and she recommended using the internet and a translation program.  This I had done but she recommended another one and I went home that day and tried it.  I   hit on it the first try.  It said the two words were, in French, “papa is” or “father is.”

Sitting in church recently, these words came to mind and I felt the Lord explaining that the meaning   of the two words is “God is.”  I felt joy spring to life within mean as I thought on the concept of God is.  Stop and think how final, how absolute, how eternal, how holy, and how powerful those two words are.  I challenge you to think on this statement of, “God is,” and let the Holy Spirit touch your thoughts.  You may be surprise of the results.