INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Hollande <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:47:34 -0700
Mi amicos interlinguista,
Excusa me iste parolas sequente in anglese.
Io vole dar bon consilios a Pat. Vide infra:
________________________________

Dear Pat,
My name's Daniel. I'm from Britain, and I'm also a beginner.
It's magnificent to see that you've an interest in Interlingua.

I believe we know your email address because - here I'm making an assumption - you must have entered your email address on the UMI (Union Mundial pro Interlingua) website and thus subscribed yourself to receive messages on the Interlingua forum, INTERLNG.

You'll find here a friendly group of people that are very helpful and would be more than happy to give you good and sound advice,
give you tips on how to practice the language, along with any other queries that you may have.

Though I write to you in English now, this forum is used solely for writing in Interlingua and for practicing the language. Give it a go friend! Write to
us in Interlingua!

If you have little comprehension of Interlingua, do not be disheartened. Your opening message was perfect.

There are several websites that you can find information and advice. I have listed some of them below:
(I hope these are visible to you when I send this message, as I have a feeling that they'll not be supported on the INTERLNG forum):

The website of the UMI - I'm sure you know this one:
www.interlingua.com

The Interlingua-English Dictionary - again provided by the UMI:
http://www.interlingua.com/ied/cerca

Two of the most useful, and that also provide a foundation for the language, are the "Interlingua Grammar" by Alexander Gode and Hugh E. Blair and the "Interlingua-English Dictionary" by Alexander Gode. You can obtain copies from the UMI bookshop or Servicio de Libros (Book Service), again to be found on the UMI website:
http://www.interlingua.com/libros/index.html

There's also an online grammar provided by the UMI in Interlingua:
www.interlingua.com/grammatica

And there's a helpful grammar provided in English (on a different website):
http://members.optus.net/~ado_hall/interlingua/gi/home/entry_page.html

Wikipedia has some articles that are written in the language. Take a browse!:
http://ia.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontispicio

There's a Wikia of Interlingua which contains dictionaries in several languages, including English-Interlingua and other interesting materials:
http://interlingua.wikia.com/wiki/Pagina_principal

I hope this information is useful to you.
Interlingua is a fun and fascinating language, and  I'm sure that all here (if the others do not mind me speaking for them) are looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Good luck with your studies and kind regards,
Daniel Hollande