INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruud Harmsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:11:24 +0100
14:14 18-2-2014, Paul Gideon Dann:
> > What's wrong with simply 'camminava'? What does it add to add to
> > special form? Isn't it that you feel like having to use it, just
> > because simply "I walked" sounds a bit silly in English in
> > certain contexts?
>
>Le signification es differente (al minus in anglese e francese):
>
>Le tempore passate in aspecto perfective describe un action
>passate complete.  (Le
>tempora verbal lo face passate; le aspecto perfective lo face
>complete.)

Yes, but then the _perfect_ tenses express the _non-perfect_ (not
completed, continuous) aspect! That is extremely confusing for me
(also because in Dutch, we don't necessarily use our perfecto
composto that way).

--
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ressources sur interlingua: rudhar.com/lingtics/intrlnga.htm