INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:58:46 +0100
Stanley Mulaik wrote:

>   Ora io ha studiate le evolution al Universitate de Utah, que
>es le centro mundial del Ecclesia de Jesus Christo del Sanctos del
>Dies Ultime (tu ecclesia), e mi inseniante esseva un mormon.

Si tu inseniante era un mormon e ille vermente credeva que le homine
descende ex le simia, alora forsan ille non era un ver mormon o forsan
ille debeva inseniar le evolution per contracto o forsan ille habeva
multe confusion in su capite perque le doctrina del creation non pote
harmonisar se con le evolution illos son duo cosas in aperte opposition.
Ecce le cosa que crede le mormones, isto es un extracto del discurso de
un autoritate del Ecclesia pronunciate in 1980.
(Perdona me per non traducer lo in interlingua)
*
*The Seven Deadly Heresies
by Elder Bruce R. McConkie

June 1, 1980 Heresy two concerns itself with the relationship between
organic evolution and revealed religion and asks the question whether
they can be harmonized.
There are those who believe that the theory of organic evolution runs
counter to the plain and explicit principles set forth in the holy
scriptures as these have been interpreted and taught by Joseph Smith and
his associates. There are others who think that evolution is the system
used by the Lord to form plant and animal life and to place man on earth.
May I say that all truth is in agreement, that true religion and true
science bear the same witness, and that in the true and full sense, true
science is part of true religion. But may I also raise some questions of
a serious nature. Is there any way to harmonize the false religions of
the Dark Ages with the truths of science as they have now been
discovered? is there any way to harmonize the revealed religion that has
come to us with the theo- retical postulates of Darwinism and the
diverse speculations descending therefrom?
Should we accept the famous document of the First Presidency issued in
the days of President Joseph F. Smith and entitled "The Origin of Man"
as meaning exactly what it says? Is it the doctrine of the gospel that
Adam stood next to Christ in power and might and intelligence before the
foundations of the world were laid; that Adam was placed on this earth
as an immortal being; that there was no death in the world for him or
for any form of life until after the Fall; that the fall of Adam brought
temporal and spiritual death into the world; that this temporal death
passed upon all forms of life, upon man and animal and fish and fowl and
plant life; that Christ came to ransom man and all forms of life from
the effects of the temporal death brought into the world through the
Fall, and in the case of man from a spiritual death also; and that this
ransom includes a resurrection for man and for all forms of life? Can
you harmonize these things with the evolutionary postulate that death
has always existed and that the various forms of life have evolved from
preceding forms over astronomically long periods of time?
Can you harmonize the theories of men with the inspired words that say:
And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen,
but he would have remained in the Garden of Eden. And all things which
were created must have remained in the same state in which they were
after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no
end.
And they [meaning Adam and Eve] would have had no children; wherefore
they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for
they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin.
But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth
all things. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might
have joy. And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may
redeem the children of men from the fall. [2 Nephi 2:22-26]
These are questions to which all of us should find answers. Every person
must choose for himself what he will believe. I recommend that all of
you study and ponder and pray and seek light and knowledge in these and
in all fields.
I believe that the atonement of Christ is the great and eternal
foundation upon which revealed religion rests. I believe that no man can
be saved unless he believes that our Lord's atoning sacrifice brings
immortality to all and eternal life to those who believe and obey, and
no man can believe in the atonement unless he accepts both the divine
sonship of Christ and the fall of Adam.
My reasoning causes me to conclude that if death has always prevailed in
the world, then there was no fall of Adam that brought death to all
forms of life; that if Adam did not fall, there is no need for an
atonement; that if there was no atonement, there is no salvation, no
resurrection, and no eternal life; and that if there was no atonement,
there is nothing in all of the glorious promises that the Lord has given
us. I believe that the Fall affects man, all forms of life, and the
earth itself, and that the atonement affects man, all forms of life, and
the earth itself.
*
jo

*