INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Allan Kiviaho <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:05:38 +0200
[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]

=================
Unnamed languages
=================

da[980326]
ab[Robert J. Petry" <[log in to unmask]>]
su[Name that language]
Training Center
to: <[log in to unmask]>

Here is a list of translations of the same statement in different
languages. See how many languages you can name correctly. No
cheating.;-) Could not supply accent marks.

3. Eliladob in gased zifa olsik The Eastern Morning News, das nedols
konodeli sevol, pla bukamav, flentanapuki e Occidental

4. En la gazeto de via urbo The Eastern Morning News mi legis ke vi
bezonas kontoriston konantan krom la librotenado ankau la lingvojn
francan kaj Okcidentalan.

5. En la jurnalo di via urbo The Eastern Morning News me lektis, ke vi
bezonas kontoristo qua ultre la registrago savas la franca ed
Occidental.

6. I vi urbe ifeg The Eastern Morning News j h risd k v e  des u rist i
vi num ryk qi sa, i ad a rolbil, ai French & Occidental.

7. In diurnale de Vestro urbe, The Eastern Morning News, me habe lecto
quod Vos indige uno computatore qui ultra mercatura librario cognosce
francais et Occidental.

8. In li jurnale de vusen urbe, The Eastern Morning News,  me ha lekte
ke vus besona un kontoriste kel ulter libreteno konosa fransum e
Occidental.

9. In li gazette de vor cite The Eastern Morning News yo ha leet que vu
besona un contorist quel ultra li tenida   de libres conosse frances e
Occidental.

10. I have read in your city newspaper The Eastern Morning News that you
are wanting a clerk in your counting house, who knows, besides
bookkeeping, also French and Occidental.

11. Je viens de lire dans le journal officiel de votre ville The Eastern
Morning News, que vous desirez un commis de bureau qui, outre la tenue
des livres, entend le Francais et l'Occidental.

12. In der in Ihrer Stadt erscheinenden Zeitung The Eastern
    Morning News las ich, daB Sie einen Kontoristen suchen,
                            ß (The character of the double
                              s has now been abolished in
                              German, i.e. daß is dass)
    welcher auBer Buchhaltung auch Franzosisch und
            ausser!                     ^
                                        ö (Bob, o umlaut!)
    Okzidental versteht.

And, any comments about comparisons?
    [Well, the language number 1. is clearly - number one - in this
pack     of lingos. -- Allan]
    [Ben, le lingua numero 1. es clarmente - numero uno -
    in isto pacco de linguas. -- Allan]

Enjoy,
Bob
[Yes, I do indeed, but mostly only the languages nr.
1 and 2. The rest are amusing peculiarities. Thank you anyway. Well, nr.
11 is OK, too. -- Allan]

------------------- Allan Kiviaho 980327 -------------------
Bob,

You are perhaps getting old because you have forgotten two very
important languages, actually the two MOST important
ones. (Bob, tu habeva forsan devenite vetule perque tu ha oblidate duo
linguas multo importante, actualmente les LE PLUS importante).

Our esteemed friend, Le Caballero from Brazil, Senior Emerson José
Silveira da Costa (Ensjo), has already sent you the text in one of them:
(Nostre amico estimate, Le Caballero ex Brasil, Senior
Emerson José Silveira da Costa (Ensjo), ha jam inviate
a te le texto de uno de illos):

1. In le jornal de vostre citate, "Le Novas Matinal del    Est", io ha
legite que vos desira un contabile qui, ultra contabilitate, sape anque
francese e Occidental.

And I send here the text in the other very important
language (Ja minä lähetän seuraavassa toisen erittäin
tärkeän kielen tekstin):

2. Olen lukenut kaupunkinne lehdestä "Idän Aamu-uutiset"
   että te haette konttoristia, joka osaa kirjanpidon
   lisäksi ranskaa ja oksidentalia.

Salutante

Allan Kiviaho
Un interlinguanista finlandese