INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruud Harmsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:31:02 +0100
15:49 18-2-2014, Paul Gideon Dann:
>Memora que il ha un differentia importante inter un *tempore
>perfecto* e le *aspecto perfective*:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_aspect

Quite so.

I read:
==
A basic aspectual distinction is that between
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfective>perfective and
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperfective>imperfective aspects
(not to be confused with
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_%28grammar%29>perfect and
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperfect>imperfect verb forms;
the meanings of the latter terms are somewhat different).
==

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_%28grammar%29
==
The perfect is a <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verb>verb form
found in certain languages. The exact meaning of the term differs
depending on which language is being described, but in principle
the perfect is used to indicate that an action or circumstance
occurred earlier than the present time (or other time under
consideration), often focusing attention on the resulting state
rather than on the occurrence itself.
==

... which to me is IMperfect, not perfect. It goes on (if not
itself then in its results) so it isn't over and done with. Hence
the huge confusion. Maybe after 10 more years of study, one day I
may finally understand this.

Good that Interlingua does not have this kind of complexity and
please don't introduce it, I am inclined to say.

Maybe I should first study Russian aspects, would that help?

--
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ressources sur interlingua: rudhar.com/lingtics/intrlnga.htm