INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Burd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 14:46:08 -0400
Car Mario,

Benque tu ha dirigite tu demanda a Edo, io non pote resistar facer le mie
proba:

My cherished Mario,

I am grateful for your response. Now a question. You have scribed:
Interlingua is the passport to apprehending, sans fatigue, the Italian. You
have expressed similar sentiments on a plurality of occasions concerning
the relation betwen Interlingua and the Italian language. Is it credible to
you that there exists a special relation between those dual languages? In
alternate parlance, is the Italian a little, how shall we say, 'more equal'
than the alternate source languages? And this special relation, in your
advisement, permits one to import any word from Italian into Interlingua,
sans the necessity of comparing it to the equivalent words in the alternate
source languages? Hmm... this was a series of questions, verily. Cordially,
Edo.

Certo necuno scriberea de iste maniera. Ma illo es comprensibile, sin
dubita. Le impression general (secundo me) es de un semi-demente
aristocrato del dece-octave seculo.

Amicalmente,

Chris