INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Allan Kiviaho <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:50:05 +0300

ARTICULOS PRo TRADUCER

*******
ANGLESE
*******

The outcome of the referenda in France and the Netherlands
showed that many citizens feel European policy falls short of
their expectations. While most do support the European project,
they are uneasy about how it is carried out. They feel
excluded both from decisions of major importance for their
future and from those which impact their everyday lives.

All too often, key European questions have not been debated
broadly enough before decisions were taken.

To many people, the regulatory impulse of the EU seems
exaggerated. Decision-making procedures are often too unclear
and the decision-makers too anonymous.

And above all else, too often people have been willing to make
Brussels the scapegoat for problems at home. This casts a bad
light on a good project.

We are convinced that the European Union needs strong,
influential and efficient institutions and transparent
procedures.

The European Union should only regulate what is better regulated
together. It needs procedures to bridge the gulf between the
European decision-makers and their citizens. The aims of the
Constitutional Treaty - closeness to the citizens,
transparency, democratization and efficiency - remain valid.
Questions concerning all citizens of Europe must be discussed
by all citizens.

In view of high unemployment and low economic growth, many
people are concerned about their future. Europe has to give them
a true perspective. So it is right for the European Commission
to focus its policy on growth and employment. If people feel
that the member states of the EU give them and their children
new opportunities for work and prosperity, they will embrace
the European project. The European model has an indispensable
social component. But it needs a viable economic basis.

Now, the most important task is to increase trust in European
policy. We have to make sure everyone can understand the
benefits of integration.We have to tell the citizens in a way
they understand how the EU works, what it has achieved, where
it is going and why. That is how to win the people over for
the European project. Without their consent and cooperation
the EU cannot consolidate, never mind develop further.

* * *

These are difficult times for Europe. But there is no reason to
doubt the European project. We only need recall what the
European Union has brought the states and people it unites:
growing prosperity and economic strength to help us shape
globalization, freedom and rights in many forms and above all
safety from war and oppression.

Jean-Claude Juncker, Prime Minister of Luxembourg and outgoing
President of the EU Council, noted that anyone with doubts,
anyone despairing of Europe, should pay a visit to the war
cemeteries. We wholeheartedly agree. Peace in Europe is by no
means to be taken for granted; there are enough people still
with us who learnt this from bitter experience. For today's
youth, war between the states of the European Union is
unthinkable - and rightly so. That is an invaluable achievement
of European integration.

Yet we also know that our economic success is rooted in the
European internal market. It brought the older member states
prosperity and offers the new ones the same opportunities. We
want well-functioning markets hand in hand with social justice
and balance. This is the European model that can guarantee
long-term prosperity for our citizens.

Only together will European nations be able to hold their own in
competition and successfully negotiate with countries like the
USA, but also with China and India which have a demographic
weight of 1.3 and 1.15 billion and growth rates of 9 and 8.5%.
Only an economically strong Europe, united in solidarity, can
shape the forces of globalization and give globalization the
social dimension we deem necessary. Thus, we can provide a
model for the whole world.

The internal market means competition and that in turn requires
effort and flexibility. Fair competition also gives consumers
better products and services. There is no other way forward if
we want to maintain and extend our prosperity.

The euro was another important step, also in political terms. It
has made a decisive contribution to monetary stability, low
interest rates, transparency, the lowering of transaction
costs, the integration of financial markets and the mobility
of people. The member states outside the euro zone are also
benefiting.

* * *

We must not squander what we have built up, rather have to keep
a firm hold on our future opportunities. But to do this, we
have to know what we want.

Even now, the European Union is much more than a free trade
zone. From the outset, it has been intended as a political
project. It is a community with a common destiny sharing
values and principles. They include freedom, democracy,
equality and the rule of law, pluralism and respect for human
dignity, social justice and solidarity.

The member states of the European Union have to step up their
commitment to promoting knowledge and innovation as the driving
force behind long-term growth and employment and they have to
work harder on structural reform. This is the only way to make
their economies more dynamic.

Above all else, the EU has to speak with one voice in the world.
Only then can it bring its economic and political weight to
bear. Only then can it help to tackle global problems. This is
what our partners in the world expect.

* * *

We should now calmly consider how we can bring the European
ship back on course. Where do we need to start?

- We need a more democratic, more transparent and more efficient
EU, both in our own interest and to hold our own in
globalization.

- We need procedures to involve the citizens more in the
European project and make them part of its implementation and
further development. Thus we should think about ways in which
people in the EU can as far as possible jointly express their
opinion on European matters.

- We have to cooperate more closely on questions of security and
fighting terrorism as the recent terrorist attacks have
demonstrated once more.

- We need greater readiness to compromise and more solidarity.
This is a cornerstone of the European project and is in the
interest of all member states.

- Europe has to get ready for the future. We have to invest in
Europe's strengths: in innovation, communication, education and
research. We need to examine what we are paying to Brussels -
and how it is spent. There has to be and therefore will be
timely agreement on this.

Now we really have to use the period of reflection. We must not
lose heart, rather show tenacity and ingenuity.

* * *

The EU's "open door" policy has proved successful. The accession
of new members has given Europe new momentum and new
possibilities.

Now we have to take time to learn to live in a Union of 25 and
experience a European identity based on a shared history, shared
culture and shared values which determine our daily lives and
define our common European space. As regards the enlargement
agenda, the principle "pacta sunt servanda" must apply. What has
been agreed has, of course, to be respected. Potential accession
candidates need realistic perspectives which will also create
additional incentives for far-reaching domestic reform and the
adoption of European standards. Membership criteria, including
democracy, the respect of human rights and the rule of law,
have to apply equally to all applicants.

In many countries, the summer holidays have just begun. Many of
us will enjoy the beauties of Europe without border controls and
in many cases won't even have to change money. Perhaps this
provides a practical way of seeing how everyone can benefit from
Europe.

This is something we do not want to forego. We have to seize the
opportunity for a common and united Europe, thus living up to
our responsibility for coming generations.

*******
GERMANO
*******

Der Ausgang der Referenden in Frankreich und in den Niederlanden
hat die Unzufriedenheit vieler Bürgerinnen und Bürger darüber
zum Ausdruck gebracht, dass die europäische Politik nicht ihren
Erwartungen entspricht. Die meisten unterstützen zwar das
europäische Projekt, haben aber ein Unbehagen gegenüber der
Art, wie es betrieben wird. Sie fühlen sich sowohl von den
Entscheidungen ausgeschlossen, die für ihre Zukunft von
größter Bedeutung sind, als auch von solchen, die ihr
tägliches Leben bestimmen.

Zu oft werden wichtige europäische Themen nicht breit genug
debattiert, bevor sie entschieden werden.

Zu groß erscheint vielen Menschen der Regulierungsdrang der EU.
Zu unübersichtlich sind ihnen oft die Entscheidungsverfahren
und zu anonym die Entscheidungsträger.

Und vor allem: Zu häufig und zu gerne hat man bei
innenpolitischen Problemen Brüssel zum Sündenbock gemacht. Man
beschädigt damit ein gutes Projekt.

Wir sind überzeugt: die Europäische Union braucht starke und
effiziente Institutionen mit Gewicht und transparente Verfahren.

Die Europäische Union soll nur das regeln, was gemeinsam besser
zu regeln ist. Sie braucht Verfahren, um die Kluft zwischen den
europäischen Entscheidungsträgern und ihren Bürgern zu
schließen. Die Ziele des Verfassungsvertrags - Bürgernähe,
Transparenz, Demokratisierung und Effizienz - behalten nach
wie vor ihre Gültigkeit. Fragen, die alle Bürger Europas
angehen, müssen von allen Bürgern diskutiert werden können.

Viele Menschen in Europa sorgen sich angesichts hoher
Arbeitslosigkeit und geringen Wirtschaftswachstums um ihre
Zukunft. Ihnen muss Europa eine echte Perspektive bieten. Es ist
daher richtig, wenn die Europäische Kommission Wachstum und
Beschäftigung in den Mittelpunkt ihrer Politik stellt. Wenn die
Menschen spüren, dass die Mitgliedsstaaten der EU ihnen und
ihren Kindern neue Chancen für Arbeit und Wohlstand eröffnen,
werden sie das europäische Projekt zu dem ihren machen. Das
europäische Modell hat eine unverzichtbare soziale Komponente.
Aber sie muss auch erwirtschaftet werden.

Die wichtigste Aufgabe ist jetzt, das Vertrauen in die
Europa-Politik zu stärken. Wir müssen allen die Vorzüge der
Integration verständlich machen. Wir müssen in verständlicher
Weise erklären, wie die EU funktioniert, was sie geleistet
hat, wohin es geht und aus welchen Gründen. Dann gewinnt man
die Menschen für das europäische Projekt. Ohne ihre Zustimmung
und Mitarbeit kann sich die EU nicht fortentwickeln, nicht
einmal konsolidieren.

* * *

Europa durchlebt derzeit eine schwierige Phase. Aber es gibt
keinen Grund, am europäischen Projekt zu zweifeln. Wir brauchen
uns bloß ins Bewusstsein zu rufen, was die Europäische Union den
in ihr zusammengeschlossenen Staaten und ihren Menschen gebracht
hat: Wachsenden Wohlstand und eine Wirtschaftskraft, mit der
wir die Globalisierung mitgestalten können, Freiheit und
Rechte in vielfältigen Formen, und vor allem Sicherheit vor
Krieg und Unterdrückung.

Der scheidende EU-Ratspräsident und Ministerpräsident von
Luxemburg, Jean-Claude Juncker, hat gesagt: ,Wer zweifelt, wer
an Europa verzweifelt, der sollte Soldatenfriedhöfe besuchen".
Er hat uns aus der Seele gesprochen. Frieden in Europa ist
keineswegs selbstverständlich; es leben noch genügend
Menschen, die das bitter erfahren mussten. Für die Jugend von
heute ist Krieg zwischen Staaten der Europäischen Union
undenkbar - mit Recht. Das ist eine unschätzbare
Errungenschaft der europäischen Integration.

Wir wissen auch: unser wirtschaftlicher Erfolg beruht
insbesondere auf dem europäischen Binnenmarkt. Er hat den
älteren Mitgliedstaaten Wohlstand gebracht und eröffnet den
neuen die gleichen Chancen. Wir wollen einen funktionierenden
Markt, verbunden mit sozialem Ausgleich und Gerechtigkeit. Das
ist das europäische Modell, das unseren Bürgern nachhaltigen
Wohlstand gewährleisten kann.

Nur gemeinsam werden die europäischen Nationen dem Wettbewerb
standhalten und erfolgreich mit Ländern wie den USA, aber auch
China und Indien verhandeln können, die ein demografisches
Gewicht von 1,3 und 1,15 Milliarden Menschen aufweisen und mit
einer Entwicklungsrate von 9 und 8,5% wachsen. Nur ein
wirtschaftlich starkes, solidarisches Europa kann die Kräfte
der Globalisierung gestalten und der Globalisierung die
notwendige soziale Dimension verleihen. So können wir der Welt
ein gutes Beispiel geben.

Der Binnenmarkt bedeutet Wettbewerb und das erfordert
Anstrengung und Anpassung. Fairer Wettbewerb bringt dem
Verbraucher bessere Produkte und Dienstleistungen. Es gibt
keinen anderen Weg nach vorne, wenn wir unseren Wohlstand
erhalten und ausbauen wollen.

Der Euro war ein weiterer wichtiger Schritt, auch im politischen
Sinne: Er ist von entscheidendem Nutzen für die monetäre
Stabilität, die Beibehaltung niedriger Zinsen, die Transparenz,
die Senkung der Transaktionskosten, die Integration der
Finanzmärkte und die Mobilität der Personen. Davon profitieren
auch die Mitgliedstaaten außerhalb der Eurozone.

* * *

Wir dürfen nun das Erreichte nicht verspielen, sondern müssen
unsere Zukunftschancen erhalten. Dazu müssen wir wissen, was
wir wollen.

Die Europäische Union ist bereits jetzt viel mehr als eine
Freihandelszone. Sie ist von Beginn an als ein politisches
Projekt angelegt. Sie ist eine Schicksalsgemeinschaft mit
gemeinsamen Werten und Prinzipien. Dazu gehören Freiheit,
Demokratie, Rechtstaatlichkeit und Gleichheit vor dem Gesetz,
Pluralismus und der Respekt vor der Würde des Menschen,
soziale Gerechtigkeit und Solidarität.

Die Mitgliedstaaten der Europäischen Union müssen sich mehr der
Förderung von Wissen und Innovation als Triebkraft für ein
dauerhaftes Wachstum und Beschäftigung widmen und verstärkt um
strukturelle Reformen bemühen. Nur das wird es ihnen erlauben,
ihre Volkswirtschaften dynamischer zu gestalten.

Vor allem muss die EU in der Welt mit einer Stimme sprechen. Nur
so kann sie ihr wirtschaftliches und politisches Gewicht zum
Tragen bringen und die globalen Probleme erfolgreich
bewältigen helfen. Das erwarten auch unsere Partner in der Welt.

* * *

Wir sollten jetzt in Ruhe überlegen, wie wir das europäische
Schiff wieder auf Kurs bringen können. Wo müssen wir ansetzen?

- Wir brauchen ein Europa, das noch demokratischer, noch
transparenter und noch effizienter ist. Wir brauchen es um
unser selbst willen, aber auch, um angesichts der
Globalisierung bestehen zu können.

- Wir brauchen Verfahren, um die Bürger stärker in das
europäische Projekt einzubeziehen und sie bei seiner Umsetzung
und Fortentwicklung mitzunehmen. So sollten wir über Wege
nachdenken, wie sich die Menschen in der EU so weit wie
möglich gemeinsam zu europäischen Fragen äußern können.

- Wir müssen in Fragen der Sicherheit und Terrorismusbekämpfung
noch enger zusammenarbeiten; das haben die jüngsten Anschläge
erneut gezeigt.

- Wir brauchen mehr Kompromissbereitschaft und mehr Solidarität.
Das ist ein Eckpfeiler des europäischen Projekts und liegt im
Interesse aller EU-Staaten.

- Europa muss sich auf die Zukunft vorbereiten. Wir müssen in
die Stärken Europas investieren: in Innovation, in
Kommunikation, in Bildung und Forschung. Auf den Prüfstand
gehört, was wir nach Brüssel zahlen - und wofür es ausgegeben
wird. Darüber muss es und wird es eine rechtzeitige Einigung
geben.

Wir müssen die Periode des Nachdenkens wirklich nutzen. Wir
dürfen jetzt nicht die Flinte ins Korn werfen, sondern
brauchen Zähigkeit und Einfallsreichtum.

* * *

Die Politik der ,offenen Tür" der EU hat sich als erfolgreich
erwiesen. Die Aufnahme neuer Mitglieder in die Europäische
Union hat Europa neuen Schwung und neue Möglichkeiten gegeben.

Jetzt müssen wir uns die Zeit nehmen zu lernen, in einer Union
der Fünfundzwanzig zu leben und eine europäische Identität zu
erfahren, die auf gemeinsamer Geschichte, gemeinsamer Kultur und
den gemeinsamen Werten basiert, die unser tägliches Leben
bestimmen und die unseren gemeinsamen europäischen Raum
definieren. Was künftige Erweiterungsschritte anbelangt, gilt
das Prinzip ,pacta sunt servanda". Vereinbarungen müssen
eingehalten und potentiellen Beitrittskandidaten realistische
Perspektiven gegeben werden, die zusätzliche Anreize für
durchgreifende innere Reformen und die Annahme europäischer
Standards geben. Die Kriterien der Mitgliedschaft wie
Demokratie, die Wahrung der Menschenrechte und
Rechtssicherheit müssen für alle Bewerber gleichermaßen gelten.

In diesen Tagen haben in vielen Ländern die Sommerferien
begonnen. Viele werden die Schönheiten Europas ohne
Grenzkontrollen genießen und meistens noch nicht einmal Geld
umtauschen müssen. Vielleicht erleben sie dann ganz praktisch,
was ihnen Europa an Positivem gebracht hat.

Das ist etwas, worauf wir nicht verzichten wollen. Wir müssen
die Chancen eines geeinten und solidarischen Europa nutzen und
so unserer Verantwortung für die nächsten Generationen gerecht
werden.

*******
FINNESE
*******

Vide
http://www.interlingua.fi/ceiafil/euparlia.htm

Salutante

Allan Kiviaho

o visita le sito del lista:

  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/interlng.html
Visita le sito official del Union Mundial pro
Interlingua:

  http://www.interlingua.com/