INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jonathan Julius Dobkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.J. Dobkin
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 17:37:48 -0500
Nos qui vive in le medio latitudes ha un possibilitate de vider leaurora borealis.
--Julio

Scientists Say Solar Flare Could Disrupt Power
Saturday, July 15, 2000
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A huge solar flare produced by a large sunspot
group is expected to produce a geomagnetic storm that could disrupt electric
power grids and satellite operations, U.S. government scientists predicted.
The flare spewed out billions of tons of plasma and charged particles Friday
that are expected to reach the Earth's magnetic field when it is Saturday
afternoon on the U.S. East Coast, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA) said...
The solar activity also should give mid-latitude areas, including the U.S. cities
of Washington, New York, Denver and Seattle a good chance of seeing the
Aurora Borealis on Saturday night through Sunday morning, the center said.

traduction del secunde paragrapho:
Le activitate solar anque debe dar al areas in le medio latitudes, includente
le citates american de Washington, Nova York, Denver e Seattle un bon
possibilitate de vider le Aurora Borealis le nocte de Saturday/Sunday, le
National Administration Oceanic e Atmospheric [un parte del governmento
national del Statos Unite] ha dicite

O love, O glory, what are ye that fly
About us ever, rarely to alight
There's not a meteor in the polar sky
Of such transcendent or more fleeting flight...

And such as they are such my present tale is
A nondescript and ever varying rhyme
A versified Aurora Borealis
Which flashes o'er a waste and icy clime
When we know what all are we must bewail us
But ne'ertheless I hope it is no crime
To laugh at all things for I wish to know
What after all are all things but a show?

--Byron, "Don Juan," Canto VII, stanzas 1 & 2