INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruud Harmsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:35:46 +0100
16:54 29-1-2014, Mario Malaguti:
>Re romance e romanic le dictionarios anglese generalmente face
>pietate. Le redatores demontra grande limitation cultural.

Merriam Webster, m-w.com
Romance : of, relating to, or being any of the languages
developed from Latin (as Italian, French, and Spanish)
Romanic :  Romance
Ro·man·esque : of or relating to a style of architecture that was
used in Europe during the 11th and 12th centuries and that
included round arches, thick and heavy walls, and small windows

Collins, http://www.collinsdictionary.com, British English:
Romance : denoting, relating to, or belonging to the languages
derived from Latin, including Italian, Spanish, Portuguese,
French, and Romanian
Romanic : another word for Roman, Romance
Romanesque : denoting, relating to, or having the style of
architecture used in W and S Europe from the 9th to the 12th
century, characterized by the rounded arch, the groin vault,
massive-masonry wall construction, and a restrained use of
mouldings See also Norman (sense 6)
denoting or relating to a corresponding style in painting,
sculpture, etc

>Ma vide in "Lista supplementari de vocabulos international non
>incorporate il le I.E.D. per Piet Cleij" ubi pro romance adj. on
>lege "linguas romance" e pro romanic adj "linguas romanic" e
>"stilo romanic".

Illo es concorde con illo que Stan Mulaik derivava.

>Pro romanic in le significato de linguas romanic on face uso de
>un anglesismo e demonstra un limitation in su cultura general.

Gratias.

--
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com