INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stan Mulaik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INTERLNG: Discussiones in Interlingua
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 00:50:31 EST
Date:         Fri, 21 Mar 1997 12:28:37 -0700
Sender: Latin and NeoLatin discussions <[log in to unmask]>
From: MOREY BRILL <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Berillos o oculares
To: [log in to unmask]

I can only add this "useless" point of information. I checked the origin
of my family name. It is certainly international in usage, being the
names of families in Scotland, Ireland, Holland, Germany, France, Poland,
and Russia. According to a French etymological dictionary, the name
comes from "beryl" and Beryllium which goes back to the Sanskrit place
name in India, "Belur" which was the site where the emerald was first
mined and marketed.

Morey Brill (Be3Al2Si6O18, a chemical silicate)
ZZZZ
cortesia de Stan Mulaik