PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:00:26 -0800
I haven't researched the Western diet vs. the rest of the world to any
sizable extent, but the more I hear about it, the more I wonder how
much data there is about those *not* in the West who adopt a Western
diet.

Do we know that the same rate of disease prevails among Westerners
living in Europe or Asia but with the eating habits usually attributed
to Americans?

What I'm getting at is... how do we rule out that there is something
about physically being in America or nearby that's contributing (our
local corn supplies, water,  approved pesticides, or who knows what).

This question may have been answered early on in major research, and I
just haven't seen the studies. It *is* something I've wondered about.

Donna