GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:47:37 EST
 Re: Virus Alert;

 Dear Friends - the following arrived with me this morning - I am forwarding
 it for your information...

 "
 Virus Warning - A New Virus - Wobbler is on the loose.

 This will arrive in an email entitled "How to Give a Cat
 a Colonic".  IBM and AOL have each announced this to be
 very powerful, more so than Melissa.  There is no remedy!

 It will eat all of your information on your hard drive and
 also destroy Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Exp.

 Do not open anything with this title, and please pass this
 message on to all of your contacts and anyone who uses your
 email facility.

 Not many people seem to know about this yet so propagate
 this as soon as possible.

 This information was announced yesterday morning by IBM.
 Please share it with everyone in your address book so that
 the spreading of this virus may be stopped.

 This is a very dangerous virus and I repeat, there is no
 remedy for it at this time.

 Please practice precautionary measures and forward this to
 all of your friends and family."

 Regards;
 Cliff Woods
 Arbiter, Belle Oaks Trade Association >>