GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 10:54:46 GMT
Tombong,

I don't know about these thirteen detained students that Ousman is asking
about, but there are reports in the Gambian media listing the names of
several students whose whereabouts are still unknown at this point. I red
this on-line just last night.

Question: Is your govt. holding those students long enough to allow the
wounds you've inflicted on them to heal? (My believe.) If no, then why do
you people keep defying the constitution that Y'ALL manipulated from the
word "go"? One would expect to see your govt. showing a little respect for
it's very own doctored constitution. The constitution says very clearly that
you cannot hold anyone beyond a certain number of hours without charging
them. What is hard to understand about that?
And since you're in the APRC govt. information business, I've got to ask you
a simple FINAL QUESTION:
"Is it too much to ask for Gambians to expect a shred of decency and
fairness from this APRC govt. that you Tombong continue to defend?" Please
answer these questions for me.

Saul.