GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 05:01:56 PDT
Gambia-L:

I received the e-mail, which is further below, from one of my sources in the
Gambia, and, consequently, I am sending it to the L, for your perusal.

Mr Jassey: Thanks for your clarification. It is most appreciated! By the
way, I have to say that I do follow and enjoy your postings. Keep it up!

Sister Ndey Jobarteh: Thanks for the posting you sent to the L, after your
trip to the Gambia. We are indeed proud of our women!

Hey you! Are you there in Tennessee enjoying the Summer? Missing your good
postings these days, and wish you could make it to the Washington DC ALD
conference. Anyway, be rest assured that the able Soffie Ceesay would be
holding the fort! By the way, someone here says hello to you and the kids!

Kebba Dampha and Beran Jeng: I am really enjoying your contributions. Your
inputs are appreciated, and may God continue to give all of us long life,
good health, strength, and happiness so that we can successfully accomplish
the task ahead!

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

How are you doing? Okay, I hope. As for me, I am doing well and, of course,
I am also glad that we are almost there. Sooner rather than later, we would,
at long last, succeed in rescuing our country from these criminals.

By the way, next week, I and others, by the grace of God, should be going to
Kanilai for a particular ceremony. So the trip, I would have thought, should
provide me with the opportunity to brief you and the L on developments in
the new capital of the Gambia: Kanilai.

Now to the purpose of this e-mail. Ebrima, I am writing to thank you for the
manner in which you handled the question posted by Mr. Jassey and also my
reaction to the State House denial thereof.

I would like to state categorically and initially that I have chosen to
factually report events in The Gambia to the members of the "L" and friends
of The Gambia, through you, for two simple reasons.

Firstly, because I know you, trust you and select to work with and through
you. Secondly, because I want to get an untainted version
of events to Gambians and friends of The Gambia abroad; albeit with
commentary of my own.

You know, as well as I do, that I am engaged in this endeavour out
of love for my country and nothing else. I need no go further and you know
why. For me, despite the risk involved, my conscience is clear: I feel in my
heart, in my mind, in my blood, in my veins, that I am indeed, and I repeat
indeed, engaged in National Service, pure and simple.

Our country has been hijacked by a group of bandits, and we MUST regain the
Motherland. If this simple goal of mine is understood by all, well and good.
If not, so be it. Personally, my mission is very clear. I do not wish to
engage anyone in rebutting statements from ANYONE, including Fatoumatta
Jahumpa.

The initial response I provided will be the only one you will receive from
me. A disgraced government is a disgraced government no matter how you slice
it. I'd rather be engaged in other worthwhile matters than be responding to
these "nonentities" around Jammeh, as someone described "these people" just
the other day.

Thanks once again.