GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 23:19:55 +0200
Friends,
has APRC changed or started a new strategy ? To enroll, engage the women.?
Will they succeed in that after the april- incident ? I doubt but who can
tell ?
Over the years when I discussed progress in Africa, the Gambia, the village,
the family with my african/gambian friends, I have always stressed that to
me the key to obtain progress was in the "hands of the african/gambian
woman". Many times I am corrected by my friends, who do not agree on that.
But I still think the women, our mothers are key-persons to also obtaining
"political" power. And I come to think about it once again, when I read this
in  GRTS-News from saturday.

Regards Asbjørn Nordam

From