GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:30:31 PDT
Yai Fatou Gaye:

I read your comments on the above captioned article, and I have to say that
I was/am impressed. Do keep it up, and I hope you'll give us more in the
near future. I have to add that overall, I am so impressed with the young
people of today's Gambia, especially the women, in terms of their clarity,
maturity, eloquence and determination. This is really a healthy sign!!

Buharry Gassama: A short while ago, I spoke to Mr. Richard Dowden, the
Africa Editor of the Economist, who in fact wrote the article Dr Madiba
Saidy forwarded to the L, captioned "Hopeless Africa", and he said he would
like to receive reactions to the article, from concerned Africans.

He said he was in fact looking forward to a very healthy debate with
Africans vis-a-vis the substance of his article. I told him about the points
you raised on the L, and he said I could give you his e-mail addresss so
that you may forward your comments to him if that was okay with you. This is
his e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK