GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Omar E. Njie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 13:12:16 CDT
Ya Fatou Gaye:

You wrote:
Obviously, the present time is no time to return home, because
we can probably do more for our people here than there (in terms of
financing major activities,etc.), but there will come a time - hopefully
in the very near future - that opportunities arise such that we can return
home and help build our BELOVED COUNTRY. When that time comes, I
hope we can all answer that call. Because it makes no sense to talk about
'standing on our own feet' when the strenght that is needed to make this
possible is busy up holding another body - so to speak.

You said it very eloquently!!!  I hope all of us are HEARING your wise call
to go home when that time comes when we can be of more "use" to our country
and her people while at home than staying away.  Else, we will be part of
the "problem" should we elect to stay abroad than go home.

Omar E. Njie