GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:36:29 GMT
Mr. Samateh,
           You,including myself, have been frustrated by some of the
L-members' postings.People are not addressing the issue at hand instead they
summon facts from the dried air and inserted them in their arguments to
divert our attention.Female Circumcision is a very topical and sensitive
issue.Being sensitive it should therefore be handled with sensible and
reasonable arguments.
            Our women have been subjected to this painful "cultural"
practices for centuries.Now that some of them have raised up to challenge it
they are been considered UNCULTURED PEOPLE in our society.It is highly
unfair to libel this way.We have to listen to their arguments and see if
they hold any water.
            Culture they say is a way of life.Thus as such it is subject to
change with time and condition.

MARK