GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:36:30 CEST
I cannot believe that such threats like targeting the opposition politicians
in our country should go on without direct public denouncement of the
Gambian government.It is clear to everybody, inside and outside of the
Gambia that a government like that of Yaya the tyrant should not be taken
lightly.We must not forget that this is the government that ordered the
killing and slaughter of our
brothers and sisters in april this year.Am very dissappointed by a large
number of Gambian military who carried this inhuman and
and brutal attack on inocent, armless and harmless children for for voicing
out their democratic rights abused by the same thugs and bandits.I believed
that the Gambian people if not the government,should make it as point of
duty to stand firm to defend their political
leaders at any cost.

The thugs and criminals backing this uneducated dictator should be ready to
pay the price of their deeds should the government change.They should know
that an attack on the lives of Darboe, juwara and any other opposition
leader would be an attack on the entire country.This is not a lipservice to
the opposition but a warning to the criminals trained in Libya and those
desperate youth
wing of the APRC.They (criminals ) have manifested their capability of evil
deeds by slaughtering our brothers and sisters,expecting to get away with
it. Yaya, we all know had stolen so much money to buy an air ticket out of
the country in to Moroco,but they should be
be prepared to have their bodies pulled around the streets should
Darboe,Juwara or any leader be harmed by them.Democracy is
defending human rights, not threatening human rights.  By K:S