GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin B Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:45:26 EST
Saul,
I could not agree with you more! Mr Makalo has been known in the Jawara era
as someone very outspoken and would defend his name and integrity to any
level. However, this was not the case after the military junta came when he
anxiously joined the group of Bandits to rob our country her meagre resources.

I would want to believe that there must be an element of truth in the
allegation by the APRC that Mr Makalo absconded with party funds. If Makalo
is still alive as reported, why shouldn't he come out and clear his name if
the allegations levelled against him are unfounded.

Why would he leave the country and his family for so long without the public
knowing his whereabouts? If he left the country because of fear of his life
and not because he absconded with funds, he should speak like others did when
they flee the country for genuine fear of their lives. Omar Joof of GAMSU
phoned the Press from where he is seeking refuge for fear of his life and
this is because he is the President of GAMSU, and because of the events of
April 10 and 11 his life was not safe with the evil government of moron Yaya
Jammeh.

Speak Mr Makalo, speak and let the public hear your side of the story for the
records as Gambians deserve the right to know what happens in the country and
to her people.

Ed Mubarak and Merry Christmas to everyone.

LBJammeh
Bedford, UK.