GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 09:25:03 -0800
Fellow Countrymen,

Since the faithful day of July 22, 1994, the stories and the tragedies you
have heard have been the result of the war the fascist and pro-terrorist
authorities in the name of AFPRC/APRC have started against the people of
Gambia. Hundreds of people have been arrested, democratic political parties
have been ambushed, and individuals tortured and the thugs are continuing
their savage violence. The attacks are
Continuing to silence and destroy those who struggle for rights and
freedom, even on those who are merely suspected of having a view different
from those of the APRC.

The APRC cannot manage anything but they want to stay on their feet
by manifesting these thuggish behaviors.

They said they wanted to "make a difference" in Gambia. They bullied the
people! They massacred the young ones! They are continuing to massacre the
whole country in their own way.

The resistance will continue and the number of martyrs will certainly rise.
By giving martyrs both inside and outside the country, we will make the
murderous authorities ashamed. Our steadfast resistance will continue. Even
if more barricades are erected to protect themselves, our resistance will
continue, and what will they do then? Neither
Neither inside nor outside the country will they make us surrender without
freeing our people from the oppression!

This is what democracy in Gambia is. Massacres, executions and
torture. It is a tyranny. All the talk of a "soldiers with a difference" and
"transparency and accountability" has turned out to be a huge lie. The
oppression is open to the whole nation.

All their claims have collapsed amid the reality of their oppression. They
massacre under the pretext of carrying out a "national security order". They
have fired live bullets at innocent young lives that were manifesting their
God given rights. They have shot and killed innocent soldiers who were
merely suspected of attempting to overthrow them.

So long as the oppression does not stop, the resistance will carry
on. Our people, all democratic associations: this is a democratic
struggle. This is not the time to be anxious, scared or indulge in
daydreams. They cannot make the people silent. They cannot destroy the
resistance. This is the time to show that in every form and on every
occasion. I call upon all concerned antifascists, political parties and
human rights associations: oppose the oppression. There is a massacre going
on very openly before the eyes of the entire world. The fascist authorities
of APRC are fighting against our people.

Nobody should fail to show an attitude.

Rise up! Speak up! We do not need the fascists!

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Toll-free number: 1-888-392-4832(Excite2)
Personal extension for v/mail/fax: 291-368-1519