GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:23:08 EST
In a message dated 12/29/00 11:21:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 [log in to unmask] writes:

 << http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/default.stm >>

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++The tactics of
this barbaric regime never ceases to amaze me, but it is a tactic that
 Gambians should be able to recognize at a glance by now.

 I am sure that those people who went on a rampage burinig and destroying
 other people's property must have had the blessing of this confused
 government. Now, look  at them trying to kill two birds with one stone,
 trying to cover up that shameful and stupid incident of lawless attack and
 destruction, and the equally stupid statements regarding Islam by turning
the
 tables and stating that what they meant was to warn extremists. Who is more
 extremist than this  regime? I wish someone would get across to the people
 that one does not and cannot govern by creating false situations and then
 coming back to use it as a tool to ingratiate oneself with the people.

 If they are warning against extremism and lawlessness, I suggest they start
 with themselves.

 * Was it not just a couple of months ago that George Christenson's radio
 station was burned by Jammeh's thugs in the night?

 * How about all the people in mass graves, and Ousman Koro Ceesay, just to
 name a few?

 Show us your justice by allowing the proper investigation of these crimes
 against innocent Gambians to take place, and then let the courts sentence
the
 pertrators of these crimes to the sentences they deserve.We all know the
 reasons they will never do that.

 If Jammeh introduces sharia law, his entire cabinet will be walking around
 with one hand. Another example of their usual practice of speaking first and
 then thinking later.

 The endless list of stupid tactics used by the Jammeh regime to divert
 attention from their many blunders and dishonest dealings, and to cover up
 blatant human rights abuses so they can stay on our backs forever; is ample
 evidence that these people have no idea what they are doing. The only thing
 they know is how to oppress people and suppress the truth in order to stay
 where they are.

 These are just a collection of "power hungry for the sake of power"
 collection of brutes who will do and say anything to stay where they are.
 Where have these people been hiding so that they actually believe that no
one
 can see through these childish  and embarassingly simple minded tactics?
 Where have these collection of brutal, inhumane  and not too bright folk
 sprung from right in the midst of our peace loving society?

 It is amazing that people like Fatou Jahumpa Ceesay can actually do what
they
 do and still get up every morning and look at themselves in the mirror,
 complete with Islamic Hijab and all. It  amazes me my sister, that an
 offspring of the late I.M Garba Jahumpa can be an accessory to the slow
 demise of our people. Weakness of character leads people to do terrible
 things.

 Jabou Joh