GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 05:56:37 -0500
Jabou,
You have spoken on behalf of friends of Ebou Jobarteh. He was a kind and
generous gentleman who helped a lot of young Gambian students in the US
along while at Princeton and the UN. Our condolences to Awa, Ndey, Yama
Lowe, Pa Jallow and the rest of the Jobarteh and Jallow families. May his
soul rest in peace.

Michael Cherno Baldeh: It was a pleasurable experience to have collaborated
with Cherno when he was briefly at the NIB with the late Horace Monday
Jnr., Dr. Alieu Jeng (of the ADB) and Lie Jobe. Cherno was not only
intelligent but had a great sense of humour. His minutes to NIB Management
were deliberately coined in a way that only a professor of economics would
understand, with demand curves and all. I am saddened
by his sudden demise
which is a great loss to Gambia. May his soul rest in peace.

Sidi Sanneh