GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:09:42 -0800
Kebba (Daddy),

Please sign your name to help me address you correctly.

I will make this short and simple since I'm running out of time...too much
to do.

You wrote:
" For the country to move forward the level of poverty needs to be seriously
reduced and food production through the use of mechanised farming, improved
crop varities, adequate fertilizer and good marketing are essential. It is
my opinion that some of the government's programmes I highlighted are in the
right direction. <<The marketing of our farmers produce very abysmal at the
moment and suggestion as to how this can be improved should be everyone's
pre-occupation and not only government's.>> (emphasis added)

How do you relate the above to the immature destruction of the existing
market for farmers by THE GOVERNMENT? Specifically the Alimenta/GGC case?
Are you wanting to blame the farmers and other ordinary citizens for the
mess caused by the blatant incompetence?
"The marketing of our farmers produce very abysmal at the moment and
suggestion as to how this can be improved......" was our "pre-occupation"
when we took on the credibility of HILO TRADING here on this very forum.
What is Hilo doing now. Are they payig the farmers as they promised? What is
the government doing about it besides lying for them? Do you think that we
are just saying what we want because we can? Of course that's what most in
Jammehs' camp think. Marketing of the farmers crop have always been the
priority until the rogues stepped in and made a nightmare out the farmers
livelihood. This is unacceptable and must be taken care of immediately.

I will elaborate on this, God willing.

Enjoy your day.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Toll-free number: 1-888-392-4832(Excite2)
Personal extension for v/mail/fax: 291-368-1519