GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:43:04 -0000
BROTHER HALIFA:

I am very impressed by your humble decision to quickly make recommendations
to your Central Committee in order to close this chapter so that you could
move onto other pressing needs. This is my point of contention and sincere
concern always. I do understand that sometimes in politics, political
parties often find themselves in beleaguered situations, but parties MUST
also always move quickly to rescue their VERY FINE REPUTATION and INTEGRITY
from being badly damaged. It does not matter whether a particular political
party has a solid components of INTELLECTUALS, but it is always a matter of
PRUDENT DAMAGE CONTROL in a beleaguered situation that could only safe the
SOLID INTEGRITY of any political party, period.

During the JAWARA DAYS, when life was TRANQUIL, SERENE and NORMAL, PDOIS'
only CHALLENGE then was solely to EXPOSE EMBEZZLEMENT. But in the 21ST
CENTURY, when we need to be building BRIDGES to become the SINGAPORE of the
Sub-region, The Gambia instead has lost her INNOCENCE: Tranquility, Serenity
and Normalcy becomes a Lion's Nest. And worst of all, INTIMIDATION, TORTURE,
KILLINGS, CORRUPTIONS and ARRESTS without warrants becomes the order of the
day. To put it in a nutshell, the country is on the brink of anarchy.
Therefore, PDOIS today has been faced with much more chaotic state than
during the JAWARA days. The point, Sir, I am trying to make here is that
PDOIS should not have been wasting their valuable time on DAMAGE CONTROL in
the London Situation. PDOIS as a political party has been endowed with
enough INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL to keep HOPE alive. To that end, Sir, I am
absolutely glad that you finally putting a period at the end of this
chapter.

ANSUMANA KUJABI:(THIRD-Truth Telling, Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and
Democracy)