GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M.B Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:15:24 -0800
Good morning folks, this is Momodou Krubally in Seattle. I would first of all like to take this opportunity to thank every member for their contributions in the current and past debates/discussions. Gambia-L have grown to be a great informations site for some of us, and I thank all of those who go to great extends to keep us informed.

Well the purpose of writing this morning is to get some information about two schools, Nashir Ahmaddiya High School, and Armitage High. I am hoping that there are current or recent graduates of these schools on the list. An Intern of GambiaHelp, a writer by profession, Laura Fine-Morrison ([log in to unmask]), is currently working on a proposal for a computer project in the Gambia. The goal is to create a wired classroom in two rural high schools, with computers and internet access.  After a short interview with her, she still has a few questions unanswered:

Are there any computers in the above schools for student use.? If there are, how many of them are there, and what type of resources are used to operate them (electricity/generators/solar)? Do they have Internet access, and if so, what type of access do they have? Is there even a need for computers with internet access in Gambian schools?  Will they be put to good use by the students?  Are Armitage and Nashir Ahmaddiya good choices for this type of project?  Your answers, and any other input you might have is greatly appreciated.  Please feel free to send your answers to our private e-mail addresses , thus saving other members some reading time.

Momodou Billo Krubally

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY; BECOMING WISE IS OPTIONAL.