GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:26:02 -0800
Dear all,

This is to announce the creation of radio-africa, and tv-africa, two mailing
lists for discussions about radio and tv broadcasting in Africa.  As you
probably know, Africa has in recent years seen many developments in radio and
tv, particularly in FM radio and private ownership of radio stations.

These developments, in addition to the increased penetration of the continent by
the Internet, have created a lot of opportunities (and problems) for African
broadcasting.  Thus, in the same vein as that which has increased the role of
radio in furthering democracy in Africa, many journalists have been persecuted,
and even killed.

For these reasons, I started radio-africa and tv-africa to provide forums (or
fora) for people interested in radio and tv broadcasting in Africa to discuss
issues of common concern.  The lists are open to all, be they private,
government or community broadcasters, or people from parts of the world other
than Africa.

You can subscribe to the lists by going to the following addresses:

1. Radio-Africa

2. TV-Africa

And what about a mailing list for African newspapers and print magazines?  I
will create one shortly, as soon as I come up with a name!  Please let me know
if you have a suggestion.

Thanks for reading this, and please pass the message on.

Katim S. Touray