GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:51:47 -0400
Mrs. Saho, thanks once again for reminding us about the lawlessness that
grips our society. We have been hijacked by criminals. It was also good that
you highlighted the fact that up to today the treason charges have NOT been
the subject of discussion in the courts. We have impotent judges and
magistrates dancing around the edges of the charges while Dumo et al
languish in jail. No one wants to touch the case. The judges do NOT have the
guts to do what is right because they do NOT know what Yaya wants. The only
reason they are still dragging their feet is that AG Chambers does NOT have
the wherewithal to defend this indefensible position in a court of law.
That's all. The vermin are so stupid they cannot manufacture evidence to
hang these innocent citizens. They know the world is watching. The
government has absolutely nothing against the citizens. This is just the use
of brute force to illegally incarcerate innocent citizens.

I hope the courts muster enough courage in the near future and bring this
matter to trial and let the chips fall where they may. The best legal minds
in the country cannot make these charges stick; let alone the mental midgets
at AG Chambers. If they are confident with what they got, let them come to
court. That is better than picking on innocent people one by one and
punishing them for standing for Dumo et al. There is no reason for the
government to continue to incarcerate these innocent citizens while they
(the government) engage in some 'fishing expedition' trying to manufacture
garbage against Dumo et al. Why can't the courts grant these people bail
while the government 'investigates'? Why should these citizens be
incarcerated for more than a year on the basis of such flimsy evidence from
that Italian rat and liars like Foday Barry? This is insane.

As Ebou Colly just began saying, the conditions at our prisons are
deplorable. I hope by next week, Colly will give us more insight as to these
conditions and the way Yaya and his gang of bandits treat POLITICAL
PRISONERS. Then people will hopefully understand the magnitude of the
injustice being meted on Dumo et al. Even CONVICTED MURDERERS DO NOT deserve
this kind of treatment. Here, in the case of Dumo, we are talking about a
brother that was giving back to society more than his quota required. The
vermin abducted him and are illegally keeping him in jail for more than one
year now; with NO prospect of getting his case heard before an impartial
tribunal. Only happens in a Dictatorship.

Mrs. Saho, I know you are sick and tired of hearing it, but just persevere.
Your husband will be freed and vindicated soon. As a Gambian, I feel
tremendous shame when I see you narrate the lawlessness these vermin are
engaged in back home.
KB