GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jamba jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:54:51 +0000
Coalition of wolves, yes that is what the UDP,PPP AND GPP are, after decades
of retarding the Gambias development chances, those who wasted these decades
of potentials without anything to show for it are trying to hijack the
genuine disgruntlement of the people against Jammeh. I hope the people would
reflect and recollect how these wasters have pillaged our limited resources
for self agarandisement. Now they come in different clothing claiming to
champion the cause of the people. The people should not be that gullible to
fall for their charm invitations. These are the very people that steered the
ship of the nation from the British and have absolutely nothing to show for
it. They should do the honourable thing and retire from active politics, all
they are doing now is adding confusion to the already befogged scenario,
they after all  had their day but did not do anything, all they  have
bestowed upon us is ignorance and division. This truly is the legacy of the
old guard that is why the people have lost faith in them. They are already a
spent force. We the youths should aspire to new thinking instead of relying
on those that have absolutely done nothing except perhaps for a few to come
and try to baffle us once again.  The reality is that had we had a very
clear leadership, with insight The Gambia should have forged ahead what it
is. The country under the Jawara was a defacto one party state now that the
PPP have been obliterated we should conceive of something new and more
dynamic, but the endorsement and attempt to rejuvinate such a party with no
clear objective will only help to retard what could have been converted into
progress

The reality remains that as wolves in sheep clothing their guise this time
is not very disguising and people in as much as they want change they will
surely not vote those who almost emptied the nations coffers through
corruption without impunity.  The obvious reality remains that the UDP,PPP
and GPP alliance will not make an impact because the forces that operate it
are not trusted equally as Jammeh is despised and much more than that after
all the euphoria the reality would dawn upon them that the same politics of
patronage that had given the PPP  a monopoly for decades is what Jammeh is
applying and since he controls the coffers as well as the media his chances
are by far better than this congregation of deceiters. The only possible way
that Jammeh could be deposed is for the people to become aware and this is
difficult because the PPP regime spent years mytifying leadership instead of
educating the people hence the end result was an electorate that affiliates
on Tribe, Blood relationships, Job guarantees, as well as other parochial
issues.  The current rustiness of the electorate is an indictment upon the
PPP, they had the opprtunity to elrvate peoples awarenes but if you had
listened to people like OJ in that era addressing the people you would be
forgiven for thinking that Jawara was a prophet. I can fully recall how
Jawara use to be elevated to the point of a demi God.  So this nonsense
about preaching us about democracy is all but a farce. After all a lot could
have been done by these PPP stalwarts but they were too busy snuffing the
trough.  I hope they all rot in hell. adieus