GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:58:32 -0500
If I may meddle in for a few words folks, I would say we give the tenacious
ruling by the supreme court sometime to sink in. It is no secret that
Jammeh will not hesitate to abrogate this historic decision knowing fully
well, how it will affect the propagation of his dictatorship at the expense
of the innocent. Or that his thuggish security apparatus will never heed to
reflect on the consequences of this decision. I just hope and pray that he
prove the skeptics wrong this time and let this decision flow into the
history books without a hitch.
I agree with others in hoping that this will be a green light for a class
action against the state security forces and their command by the victims
and families of the April massacre. Action should be taken as soon as
possible. That will be the ultimate lesson for all the forces involved and
a much-needed boost for the restitution of human rights and dignity for
all.
I join all in commending the Supreme Court justices and Lawyer Sabally for
such a resounding statement. Let’s see it as one giant step towards the
right direction.

Good weekend for all.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
(BambaLaye)