GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:03:55 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Perhaps I may be doing them an injustice by supporting
> them instead of doing Dawah but I do not wish to cause my family chaos or
> hurt feelings.  I think Allah will forgive me, at least this is in my hopes.
> I still believe in the deepest part of my heart that there is only one way,
> which is Allah's (S.W.T.) way and this is not to be debated.
>
> Thank you,
> H. Sukuna
>
> Sukuna,
>
> well said. To each his own is the basic concept of Islam. Man is free to
> believe or not to believe, or to believe in anything they wish to believe
> in, and their judgement is with Allah alone.
> At the same time,  He, in his infinite wisdom leaves each being free to do
> what they like, believe whatever they like, question whatever they like,
> even disbelieve in Him if they like, and his account is with them alone
> when they eventually go to meet him, and they can even  deny that  this
> meeting  will take place if they like, and what if anything will transpire
> there.

In Islam, we  are told by the Qur'an  that salvation is a gift from Allah,
and that he created us to worship him alone, and not his prophets, idols or
anything else, just him alone, and that we are to follow his directives in
everything, and refrain from giving his word our own interpretation because
that is how his word has been altered over time by man, largely to suit his
own purposes and whims,  thus leading to a proliferation of religions when
there is only one Allah and an unbroken line of prophets with a continuous
message, improved with  the advent of each one of them as a mercy to mankind.
Some of us believe and obey, and considere it a gift of the highest order
inshallah.
.
As muslins, we do not have to adjust the world of Allah, or debate about it's
correctness or lack thereof, we just do what the Qur'an says, hear and obey
inshallah. We definitley do not engage in debating Allah or discounting his
word as incorrect or interjecting our own opinions into it. Period.

Jabou Joh