GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pa Modou Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:58:30 +0000
I wish to warn the guys at The Independent to beware lest they fall into the
category of Jammeh cronies. So far they have been doing very well, but their
almost unconditional praise for Jammeh is, to me, a cause for concern. It
reminds me of a story they wrote a few weeks ago in which they went the
whole hog to emphasize that there was no bad blood between them and the NIA.
As of now, we Gambians look up to The Independent to provide unbiased,
objective and critical coverage and commentary on Gambian affairs. I only
hope that they would give the proverbial devil his due, but not be seen as
Jammeh appeasers. This is just my humble opinion and a reminder to The
Independent that they have a high record and reputation to maintain. Also
that they are expected to look at issues with the critical eye that has
endeared them and earned them the respect of all truth and justice-loving
Gambians and non-Gambians the world over.
Pa Modou