GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:56:38 EST
In a message dated 1/11/2002 5:05:58 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> , there is a Verse which says
> "LAKUM DEENE KUM WA LIYA DEEN", Which means follow what you believe and I
> will follow mine,

The beauty about Islam is personal not collective, every individual should
walk it alone to ALLLAH, though with guidance from above. No one will take
care for any sins you may have done during your journey back to your Lord,
what ever you do whether good or bad you take with you.

Finally all that I said about disbelievers is from the Holy Quran, which I
believe to be the word of ALLAH and I am happy to make it mine and I have
evidence of its thruthfulness and anyone may seek for the truth, its there
for everyone to discover.I have a very good relationship with non
muslims,

Koto Faal,

The above are the point.
I set out to do a series on Islam to educate people about it, especially
since i have seen a lot of commentary about the issue on this L, and it is
obvious most of it was made by people who know nothing about the deen.

This is an opportunity to learn what exactly the Qur'an says and what Islam
is in it's entirety. The words like "disbeliever" are in the Qur'an. It may
not sound good to some of us, but well, it is in there and we are trying to
relay what Islam is. At least at the end of the series, people will know
exactly what Islam is. I made this point at the onset, but as usual, people
have taken the whole issue and turned it into something else, and some have
used it as a platform to spew out rhetoric about sowing discord etc. I see
enough discord among Gambians to last me a lifetime daily on the L, as well
as off it, and for no good reason. Those kinds of words are the sowers of
discord simply by their utterance.

I shall continue my series for the benefit of those who want to know what
Islam is and what the Qur'an says, and most importantly, because this deen
has been maligned due to misconceptions and speculation by people who know
absolutley nothing about it.

If anyone does not want to read what is written, or feel offended by the word
of God, then please delete it, and stop making a mountain out of a
molehill.The alarmists and the paranoid can now go on and look for another
frenzy to feed.

 Jabou N.Joh,