GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 15:06:27 +0000
Ron,
It was all done in good faith, but seems like Mr.Sidibeh is really offended
and that is the last thing i was after. My only consolation at the moment is
my clear conscience; i.e, i was NEVER out to ridicule or put down Edi.
One thing i will not apologise for is: reading your responses brought out
laughter outbursts. Tears were literally running down my face!
Thanx for your understanding. You could have(with all rights) very well gone
on the offensive on me. I am grateful for that.
Sanyang.

>From: Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you Lamin. I think Edi should thank you for your effort and must
publicly assign you agency (power of attorney) to re-present his thoughts
here for him. You do a wonderful job and you have not introduced any meaning
that Edi did not intend. Meanwhile, Edi can merrily read on to improve
himself so that he can resume writing to this honourable List.

I see he has responded to my jab but I have not read it yet. I wonder what
he's telling me. If I were in his position, I will probably be writing in
one of my local languages, perhaps using English alphabets. Otherwise, I
will employ the services of a Lamin Sanyang and be appreciative. That will
say more about my character that grandstanding and being defensive. At the
end of the day, I will not have achieved my aim of communicating my thoughts
to L subscribers.

My daughter is so humbled that you have taken it upon yourself to assist Edi
without his asking. Thank you Lamin.

Ron,
When i read Edi the following is what my brain cells tell me, and i think i
get his drift. Please read on!

My dear friend,

Thanks to you too Joe, I have to admit........

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".
Yours truly - Haruna.